The year is finally winding down, and I feel like I am too. Slowly relaxing all the tense muscles and allowing myself a few moments to breathe and have a mug of hot cocoa. Just a few more days until I have to start writing 2010 in my journal, on my checks, and of course there will be a learning curve there. It'll probably take me a couple weeks before I don't have to scribble out 2009. I'm going to call this next year twenty-ten. None of this uppity two-thousand-ten business. It's just much easier to say all shortened like that. Sometimes I wonder though, if our society does too much shortening, reminiscent of the book "1984". No getting around that year. Nineteen Eighty Four, that's it. Can you imagine someone calling it the year One thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Four? Talk about long winded!
Twenty ten is supposed to be two years to the destruction of the world, right? According to the Mayan calendar, that is. I, for one, do not believe it. It's much the same as the y2k scare. Everyone thought that all the computers were going to crash on new years day 2000 and that would be the end of the world. What a bunch of balogne! I remember listening to the radio as a 12 year old kid thinking "you've got to be kidding me, right?" What a bunch of scared sheep we become. The world will not end when scientists, or mayans predict, because that knowledge is known by God alone. And so I am positive that the end of the world will be at a time when no one is looking for it, no one will be able to predict when it will be. All the more reason to be prepared. There sure are signs out there that say the time is coming. So this coming year of twenty-ten I am going to try harder to prepare myself spiritually and temporally for when that day finally comes. I am going to resolve to be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment