Recently I have had an urge to better myself in the health area. It didn't all happen at once...it started with the desire to be better about eating sugar. So I decided to go on a forty day fast from the sweet stuff. This is excluding bread, but includes high fructose corn syrup and refined sugar and stuff like that. So I have one more week until that's over. Now I am beginning an exercise regimen that consists of me going jogging and stretching and doing some other exercises every morning.
K is now prodding for us to go on a blood type diet and be on an eating schedule so we don't over eat, or eat too late, or snack too much. I'm game for all of it. It's crazy because looking back a month ago I would not have thought it possible. But here I am taking echinacea every morning and night and trying to get to bed at a decent hour (which just means before 1 in the morning.) The sugar thing actually isn't that hard. Once you do it and realize that you can live without it, it gets easier. I sure miss the taste of some stuff. But now that I know that I can do without it I think I can eat it in moderation and not let it control me.
As for the blood type diet...oh boy. Well, I don't know if I can do it...we're talking about really being a health nut. I mean, I hate cottage cheese! And yogurt! Do you know how many people buy yogurt every day? It's insane. To me it tastes like liquefied chalk...but I digress. I'm going to try my very best to do it. Because really, I want to be healthier. I want to be able to run a mile or two and feel great afterward. I want to be able to still be active when I get into my later years. I want to live a fulfilling life in all aspects.
So here's some advice for all you people who want to stay just the way you are...Don't change. Not anything. Because once you make one little change, that will be the end of life as you know it. Once you make a change it shifts everything and more changes are sure to follow. But it's like they say...the only constant thing in life is change. So here's to changing...even in the middle of the year when resolutions made on the first are long forgotten or brushed aside. Because it is never too late to start. Throw out the resolution idea and just make a promise to yourself...to be a better you...the best you. It's hard to begin but it's always easier if you have someone to be accountable to. All my thanks go to K for being my support when that chocolate chip cookie from Albertson's was calling out to me. And for joining me in my betterment plan :)
Now get out from behind that computer desk and get some fresh air! Put down the bag of Doritos and go for a walk!
No comments:
Post a Comment